Current information for
all students of economics at the university of Basel (Dec 10, 2010)
Password Change Policy from the URZ / URZ requires a change of your email password
- You will receive a personal letter from the URZ
- Immediately change your password with the enclosed activation code
- If you fail to change your password by January 4th 2011 your university email account will be locked.
Students attending a lecture at the WWZ had been requested to take an exercise on an external server using their university email address. Due to a security leak those account details had been copied off the external server by unknowns. For that reason many user accounts belonging to WWZ students are presently being misused.
What to do?
In order to stop this misuse the URZ requires a change of the university email account password for all the WWZ students and other users of this external server.
Your university email account is affected by this as well and therefore you are requested to change your current password with the help of the letter sent to your home address. For the one time modification you will need the activation code enclosed in that letter. If you fail to change your password on time your university email account will be locked on January 4th 2011 at 0:00h.
Why do I need to change the password?
By changing your password you will not only protect the network of the University Basle from misuse and espionage but also yourself from identity theft.
How can I protect myself?
- Treat your account details and your passwords as confidential as your credit card and its pin code.
- Under NO circumstances pass on your password to third parties. You will NEVER be asked to provide your password details by the URZ.
- Never re-use your university email account password for other accounts within or outside the University (Forums, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Google Mail etc).
Only change your university email account password via this link:
URZ Support-Team: Phone: 061 267 14 11 or email@example.com
the step-by-step-guide to change your password.